Home > Labs > Materials Testing > Equipment
Testing machines, equipment and instruments fully comply with the regulations set down by Italian and European legislation .
Laboratory activities involve experiments on materials and structures for the purpose of consultancy, applied research and teaching.
Inside The Laboratory of Materials and Structures Testing compression tests are carried out on cubical and cylindrical concrete specimens, as foreseen by Law 1086/71 and as specified by UNI EN 2002 and EN 12390-7 12390-3 2003.
Furthermore, mechanical tests are performed on steels and other materials through the use of a universal machine able to perform compression, tensile and bending tests. These machines are controlled by automatically updated software that allows the performance of all tests in compliance with regulations.
Each test provides the issue of test certificates stating the results as required by the client, in full compliance with applicable laws.
Metrocom Press 3000 kN Compression Testing
- Maximum load: 3000 kN
- Maximum piston stroke: 60 mm
- Higher steel articulated compression plate: ∅290 mm approx.
- Lower steel rigid compression plate: ∅290 mm approx.
- Spacers compression plate: ∅246 mm approx.
- Maximum distance between compression plates: 330 mm approx.
- Minimum distance between compression plates: 126 mm approx. with piston at rest
- Equipped with electronic / hydraulic system suitable for carrying out tests with increasing load
- Equipped with a data acquisition system
Metrocom Machine for traction anduniversal tests
- Maximum load: 600 kN
- Speed: adjustable from 0.05 to 150 mm / min approx.
- Maximum distance between the tooth couplings: 1,530 mm approx.
- Power supply: 400 V 50 Hz three-phase
- Power electronic module: 230 V 50 Hz single-phase
Metrocom Bar Benders Machine
- Max piston thrust: 200 kN
- Max piston stroke: 550 mm
- Voltage: 400 V 50 Hz three-phase